Supporting the Heritage Science (HS) community through advanced multi-disciplinary facilities organized in three main concepts:
- Novel laser-based techniques for compositional analysis & mapping of materials in heritage objects
- Advanced methods for studying archaeological DNA
- Modern laser based technologies for conservation and restoration
- Non-invasive geophysical & geochemical measurements for surveying & mapping macroscopically the landscape of archaeological and historical sites, including underwater ones.
- Development of innovative digital infrastructures that enable efficient handling of experimental data, permitting user groups and broader communities to exploit the complex interrelated (complementary) information gathered via micro or macro studies.